Thursday, May 22, 2014

Custom Orders on hold for now.

Ok, ya'll... I hate to do this and I can almost hear the audible murmur of disappointment as I write this...  but I've got to put a hold on custom orders for the time being. If you have a custom order in progress with me right now, don't worry, you're covered, I just can't take any new orders right now until I'm all caught up.

And that does apply to the kid's embroidery and Christmas stockings as well. I hope to be able to do some premade stockings before the Christmas season this year, because with a new baby on the way due in December I won't be able to do custom stockings. I have some great ideas for stocking designs though, like ones inspired by famous literature and artwork, so if you're lucky you may be able to pick up one of those special limited edition stockings this fall on Etsy (or possibly even in a local shop, stay tuned).

Really what is bothering me is that I haven't gotten to make any new or creative clothing for months, basically since I dived headfirst into doing custom orders last December. I have constantly had a full order board, which is fantastic but also a lot of pressure to keep up with, and leaves no time for making my own designs. I know I have customers who have been checking my shop lately for new stuff and I've got nothing new to show, must do something about that. And I would love to do some kid's clothing too and there definitely has been no time for that.

So, while I am calling this a temporary hold on custom work, I really would like to ease back from doing that SO much in general. I feel like I need to begin adjusting my lifestyle and work now, to be more flexible for when the new baby comes. And that means doing more of my own designs on my own time rather than all the custom work on other peoples' deadlines. Sorry to anyone who was planning to order something soon--- please check back with me in the future, things will inevitably change, they always do.

-Rosie





No comments:

Post a Comment