Thursday, November 3, 2011

Duality Vest, reversible silk vest

 I have been trying out some interesting vest designs lately. It occurred to me that I had never seen a vest with a scalloped edge before so I decided to give it a try. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I made it in silk dupioni so it has a nice crisp body. I decided to make it reversible so you get two fabulous vests in one. One side is a warm toffee gold silk, the other side is iridescent lunar blue with flashes of indigo.

The blue silk is really spectacular. The vest is a cropped length, perfect for petite women. It has darts so it is nicely fitted with a slightly tapered waist. No closure; it is meant to hang open and show off the unusual scallop edge.
This is a great vest for layering for fall and winter, but also cool enough to wear with a tank top in spring and summer. Find this vest and my other designs at deconstructika.etsy.com














No comments:

Post a Comment