Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Faces Collection, PART 1




From the Faces collection by Rosie Rose for NWAFW fall fashion week. 
Photo by Luke Braswell for Miles Witt Boyer
Model Jennifer Davenport
Glasses by Peacock Pigments
Earrings by Estring Jewelry


Northwest Arkansas Fashion Week just hosted their first ever fall fashion week! It was at an airplane hangar at Drake Field in Fayetteville. It was a really cool venue for a runway show and I had a great time there! I'll share photos and video from my runway show as soon I get it but in the meantime, I did a couple really fun photoshoots with my collection with some local models and photographers. For one of the shoots we went to a grocery store, something I had always wanted to do. It was really fun and I think we got some very creative photos.

I did a collection of 20 looks called the Faces Collection. It was inspired by fashion and art from the 60s and 70s, especially art deco. I have always loved that era, perhaps because when I was growing up I loved looking at photos of my parents as young hippies... they looked so cool and stylish in their striped t-shirts, bellbottoms, and John Lennon sunglasses. I had a lot of fun exploring the theme of faces using various techniques: applique, embroidery, painting. I used a lot of black and white but also (as usual) I couldn't help myself and got very colorful as well. There's also some leopard print thrown in because you can't do 60s fashion without including leopard print (and imo it goes with everything). I styled the outfits for the following photos totally differently than for the runway show, just to keep things interesting.
(Most of the clothing shown is for sale in my etsy shop! www.rosierosedesigner.etsy.com )



Amanda Knoner Photography
Model Alexis Walker
Sunglasses by Peacock Pigments
Items shown: leopard print simple sweater, lilac gauze skirt 



 
Amanda Knoner Photography
Model Alexis Walker
Sunglasses by Peacock Pigments
Items shown: Coffee skirt, off white cap sleeve blouse with painted and appliqued face





Amanda Knoner Photography
Model Emily Ray
Sunglasses by Peacock Pigments
Items shown: Black and white applique top, hand painted pants

















Photos by Amanda Knoner Photography
Model Emily Ray
Glasses by Peacock Pigments
Items shown: blue crush velvet jumpsuit with draped sleeves.





Photos by Alexis Walker Photography
Model Amanda Knoner
Glasses by Peacock Pigments
Items shown: black and white piecework jumpsuit with silk applique face






Photos by Alexis Walker Photography
Model Amanda Knoner
Glasses by Peacock Pigments
Items shown: hand dyed and painted lightning bolt thigh highs, lime green tee with applique face, scrappy silk scarf, velvet shorts, wearable poetry wood and pearl earrings


Stay tuned for PART 2
















No comments:

Post a Comment