Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fairytale Fabrics

For my collection "Lost in the Woods", comprised of fairy-tale inspired dresses, I have hand dyed most of the fabrics. I carefully chose the color palette for each dress and hand dyeing the fabric really lends a magical feel and uniqueness to each dress. Here is the stack of fabrics and lace I dyed for the Alice in Wonderland dress.... cotton jersey, silk and silk chiffon, and gorgeous cotton lace that was really fun to dye.

I really wanted to stay with a pale blue color so the dress has a traditional "Alice" look to it, but the layers of other shade of blue and lavender- which are going to be ruffles on the skirt- are a new spin on baby blue.

This is the fabric for the Goldilocks dress- island blue silk chiffon and cotton jersey, cotton lace, and raspberry silk for the bow.... I sooo love this color palette. It feels very fresh to me.

Stay tuned for more photos as I finish these dresses.....

And the icing on the cake, I am having a having a 50% off sale in my Etsy shop right now to make room for new things. That's deconstructika.etsy.com. Check it out, scoop up a good deal! Use the code HALFOFF at the checkout. :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment